Faith Simpson Accountants Ltd understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website www.faithsimpson.co.uk and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
This document describes the policy and procedures of Faith Simpson Accountants Ltd, a company incorporated in Scotland with company number SC378603.
By submitting personal data manually or in electronic form to us in connection with the website you give your consent that all personal data that you submit will be processed by us in the manner and for the purpose described below. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
If you have any questions at all about this policy or the website, or about how we use and process your personal information, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or, alternatively, in writing to Faith Simpson Accountants Ltd, Unit 7, Huntly Business Centre, 83 Gordon St, Huntly AB54 8FG.
What does this Policy Cover?
What is Personal Data?
Within the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), Personal Data is identified as data that relates to a living individual who can be identified:
- from the data, or
- from the data and other information which is in the possession of, or likely to come into the possession of, the Data Controller, and includes any expression of opinion about the individual, and/or any indication of the intentions of the Data Controller or any other person in respect of the individual.
For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is Faith Simpson Accountants Ltd.
Information Collection and Use
On any contact pages within the website you have the option to submit personal information to us so that we might send you further information.
- Contact information like name, telephone number and email
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- Website usage data
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Contact information including email address
How do we use this data?
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- Purely for client purpose eg: HMRC, Companies House, Taxwise, Banks and other Accountancy firms for client clearance
- To improve the products and services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To help us customise the website.
- To contact you directly and send you promotional mailings regarding products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of the user of our Website. We are the sole owner of the information collected on the Website. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from those disclosed in this statement without your consent. In connection with any application, request or enquiry you make, your information will be passed directly to the relevant contact within the company.
Faith Simpson Accountants Ltd will use the information you provide in a manner that is compatible with the Data Protection Act. We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date and not retain it for longer than is necessary. In some instances the law sets the maximum length of time personal data may be retained. We have to keep client information for min 7 years
After the retention period has elapsed, data is securely destroyed. All security controls are periodically reviewed by Faith Simpson Accountants Ltd in line with legal and technical developments.
Rights to access to data
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time and a right to request a copy of personal data which we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. Subject Access Requests must be made in writing by emailing us at email@example.com. We will require two forms of personal identification to be provided.
Security of your data
We follow strict security procedures to ensure that our server and website plugins and software are always up to date to ensure that your data is always protected and to avoid any hackers being able to access your data and share with third parties.
Conditions of use